Priscilla's visit, Oct 2008

Original message from Margaret (11/4/08):
Dear all, Thank you for a lovely dinner at Cissy's, who so graciously let us take over her kitchen. I count on these get-togethers for a decent meal and to catch up on all the latest with going-ons with families. Thank you, Priscilla, for taking a little detour north to Canada (10/31/08), giving us a much needed excuse to get together. I have attached the pictures from my camera... I am currently staying put in Vancouver, so please give us a call if you are in the vacinity. We sure want to meet, spend time together and catch up. Lucy Wang sent me an email to say that her part of Houston escaped the wrath of Hurricane Ike. We should thank God for that... The food was exceptionally delectible. In case you are wondering, Priscilla is a gourmet cook, she, the guest of honour, made crackling/crispy pork roast (siu yuk) from scratch for us, and I swear that I will never go back to store-bought stuff again. Nora tickled our palates with her pineapple cheese cake and low fat chocolate cupcakes (made in these fancy cake pans) which are to die for. The following evening, we had king crab cooked in three different ways: the claws were steamed with onion and garlic, the body (sorry about crab anatomy) was deep fried, sprinkled with pepper and salt, while the shell came holding fried rice with Portugese sauce. Do I hear you slurping, Vicky? (I sure am--Vicky) If you are salivating, you know what you can do: Come visit us!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home