Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Great reads!

I can't resist...here are a few wonderful wartime espionage and war games books. If you have time, try: "Operation Mincemeat" by Ben Macintyre (an editor of the London Times)- about a fictitious person created by the British to mislead Germany on the Allied landing in Italy "A Man Called Intrepid" by William Stevenson - the most remarkable head of secret service in Britain during WWII who single-handedly orchestrated the psychological and strategic war of the Allies against Hitler and Nazi Germany. They are wonderful, wonderful true stories which changed modern-day history, and contributed to the fall of Hitler; more exciting than James Bond movies. You will not be able to put them down.

2 Comments:

At 5/08/2012 1:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Vicky, I spent many wonderful hours reading what you recommmended. Great to see your photos of with Vivian. Had dinner last weekend with Linda Lee, Margaret Lung etc when Gemma Wong paid us a visit. Like you say, we just picked up as if the years had not gone by.
Book lovers: I've just read The Help" ( better than the movie), "Still Alice" and "The Art Racing in the Rain" (for dog lovers). Keep me posted on good reads.

Cheers!
Marguerite Kwok

 
At 8/25/2012 1:05 PM , Blogger Vicky said...

Marguerite: I'm so glad you enjoyed the books. Please share yours too. I miss seeing old friends, being in N. Carolina. Envy you guys in Vancouver and HK. Looking forward to retiring next year--yay! Vicky

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home